My name is Linda Anderson and I set up The Messy Place in September 2013.
Having worked for 10 years as a childcare practitioner, The Messy Place was born out of a lack of creative play facilities for young children in the area.
Children learn through play and messy/sensory play has many benefits:
- Messy play is particularly attractive because it stimulates many of children’s senses all at once.
- It gives children the opportunity to explore and experiment with different materials and learn about texture.
- Through messy play, your child can socialise, make choices, build confidence and develop important skills.
- Hand/eye co-ordination can be developed through stacking, pouring, mixing and using tongs, spoons etc.
- Many aspects of the Curriculum for Excellence can be incorporated in messy play.
- It allows children to be creative and stimulates their imagination.
- It’s different.
- IT’S FUN!!!
The Messy Place runs every weekday school term time and some school holiday dates in a purpose built former Nursery play room and, as such, caters for the needs of young children by providing secure door entry and child-sized furniture and toilet facilities.
There is also ample car parking space and excellent links to public transport.